Monday, November 16, 2009

Egg in a Basket

Sadly Today's post comes without pictures, due to a horrid mini USB
accident.

Moving right along. Breakfast is always a weird meal for me; If
I'm up at a reasonable time to eat it I never do because I
overslept. However, if I'm awake, normally it's time for lunch.
This easy treat is now the reason I get up at the right time.
Originally my curiosity was sparked while watching V for Vendetta;
at one point in the movie he makes "egg in a basket," and it
looked delicious.
Egg in a basket

V+ This recipe contains meat at the the cooks digression, but does contain animal byproducts

•1 Piece of bread big enough to cut a 1 inch hole in.
•1 egg
•Extra virgin olive oil
•butter

Optional: Bacon bits, diced onions, salt pepper, chives, cheese.

1. Cut a 1 inch hole in the middle of your bread. You can also use
cookie cutters if you wanna brighten up your morning.
2. Add olive oil and butter to a sauce pan and set to a low heat.
3. Place your pieces of bread in the pan, then pour or crack them
in the middle of your bread to your preference.
4.Let cook till the underside of your egg is hardened then flip,
leave cooking to favored consistency.

If you try my recipe, please rate it and/or leave a comment. I also like hearing about variations to the recipe, and may edit the blog post to include these suggestions. :3

No comments:

Post a Comment